Red Rocks CCC Camp Open House
August 10: 10am – 4pm
300 Union Ave.
Morrison, CO 80465
Did you know that Denver has one of the most intact Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) camps in the nation? And it’s just minutes away in the shadow of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre – located within Denver Mountain Parks.
For the first time, Denver Parks and Recreation is opening the camp so you can see where the workers who built world-famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre lived and played. Stroll the grounds and visit the Rec Hall, Mess Hall and barracks where costumed actors will tell the tales of what it was like to live in the camp.
- Hourly Ranger-guided tours of the camp (advance registration required)
- Historical re-enactors in period uniform with recorded period music from refurbished 1930s radio
- The museum will be open with free admission and staffed by a docent
- Logwork demonstrations using period hand tools
- Denver Zoo animal meet-and-greet from 11-1
- Denver Mountain Parks Foundation and HistoriCorps booths
- Antique cars from the 1930s and ’40s and original Red Rocks road construction equipment on exhibit
- Open picnicking – bring a blanket and a basket
- Self-guided tours available all day
Sign up for Ranger-lead tours now at: godenverparks.denvergov.org
(On “Go Denver Parks,” click on “Search for activities” or “Calendar,” then select a Ranger-guided tour time from the options on August 10th!)
The event is family-friendly & FREE!